I'm Krystal Moore, a wedding and lifestyles photographer based in Moose Jaw, SK.
I'm so excited that you are here! Grab a drink, get comfy and stay a while!
April 16, 2021
Asking for help is not an easy thing, but today, I am asking for your help with Facebook.
Earlier in March (2021) I sent out an email saying that my Facebook was hacked. (Yes, it’s not a fun situation when you rely on social media for advertising!) Since then I had to abandon my other business Facebook page, but I wanted to let you know that I have started a new one!! And need your help to so show the Facebook algorithm that my page is worth showing to people.
Social media is funny (and tricky), especially when you are a business. Facebook needs to see that a business page is worth showing and that it has valuable information on there. So with that, I need your help! (This is true with any business page, so if you want to support a page do these steps!)
My new page is the one with the SK after the name. (see the image above to make sure you are on the right page.)
Click on the three little, click on Follow Settings, and then click on Favourites. (This helps to show Facebook that you want to see what I post.) Here is a photo example of this step.
I know you have probably heard this before, but this is a HUGE step to help Facebook know that the page is relevant and important so it moves up the posts in peoples news feeds. So here are some tips.
– Liking the post is awesome, but Facebook favors the other emoji buttons (the heart, care, angry, etc.). This is because the longer you are on a post the higher it ranks it. So even those few extra seconds to pick another emoji verse just the Link button helps.
– Commenting on the post or images helps! I have taken some social media classes and they say if you can put 4 or more words, that will help the algorithm show that that post is valuable! Adding your fav emoji helps too! And the longer the comment, the longer you are on a post, and the higher it will rank in the Facebook algorithm!
– Sharing my post is a huge help! Another way to show Facebook that this is a post worth giving more reach to others. If I post your teasers, by sharing that post will help my Facebook feed get in front of the eyes of people that I wouldn’t necessarily get in front of. Word of mouth marketing is HUGE in photography! And this is part of the sharing your experience with others and is a HUGE help to the business. By sharing this also helps with showing your images to your friends and family!
– BONUS TIP: Tagging people in the post. From my end I can’t always tag the couple, family etc in the post because of privacy issues so if you see someone that you know in a post and it’s not tagged with their name, tag them in the comments! This helps them to know I posted a post with them in it, and helps to share their images with their friend and family!
The last thing I will ask you for help with is testimonials.
f you would feel comfortable, would you be willing to spend some time sharing your experience of working with me? I have attached a questionnaire to help spark some thoughts and questions to help me give the best possible experience for future clients.
And if you have a few extra moments, could you mind coping your review and posting it on my Facebook page or Google search page. (The Google review is super important for helping my business rank higher on Google so more people see. So this would be super important.)
Since I started my business, I’ve been committed to growing through word-of-mouth referrals from families like you. I believe that if I stay focused on loving and serving my families, their testimonials will speak louder than radio ads, shine brighter than magazine spreads, and help me attract more amazing families just like YOU!
Here’s all you have to do:
1. Click the Facebook link and write your review. (Link below
2. Copy your Facebook review and click on the Google Link and paste your review there.
3. Boom! Smack! Pow! You’re done!
You are a wonderful support person to my business and if you have some time, would you mind doing some (or all) of the tips listed above?
AND DON’T FORGET, YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!
From the bottom of my heart, thank you so much for believing in me and supporting my journey. I wouldn’t be here without you and I’ll never, ever forget that. God Bless and I’m so honored to have been apart of preserving your memories.
Search the blog
All images © 2021 Krystal Moore Photography